We all have some idea about Obsidian, and if not, at least all of us know that it is a gemstone, but not many of us are aware of an arrowhead made of Obsidian. This is quite an essential thing for us to know about it. Let’s discover what is there to know about this unique yet common stone.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Obsidian Arrowhead and the luck it brings along and many more exciting things.
Let us know what an arrowhead is. An Arrowhead is a pointed object fixed to the end of a shaft and shot with a bow. These are known as projectile points by the archaeologists. The term “projectile point” is a broad category used to denote triangularly pointed tools made of stone, shell, metal, or glass and used in ancient times for scrapping, hunting, other household work, and even warfare.
Furthermore, talking about an Obsidian Arrowhead is merely an arrowhead made from the volcanic rock Obsidian, which is formed by the cooled off molten lava.
How is it made
It is made by a continuous effort of chipping and flaking stone known as flint knapping. The workers involved in the making, work on a rare piece of rock and shape it by continuously hitting it with another stone or using a stone or deer antler and soft pressure to get the end product to the desired shape and size.
This whole process requires time and a considerable amount of skill on the part of the workers, but having said that, it is not a time taking job. If a flintknapper (worker involved in making the arrowhead) is skilled, he can make an arrowhead from scratch to finish in a maximum of 15 minutes.
- It is considered a symbol of self-control and resilience, and due to this property, it was used in battle many years ago for healing.
- It is also something that protects the owner’s aura by keeping away the negative vibes away from those who are in possession of it.
- It also inspires peace and blocks toxic arguments if kept in a home.
- Holding it will ease doubt and fear, boost confidence, and instill determination in you and guard you against all forms of negativity. Earlier, Native Americans used to believe that the arrowhead could deflect negative energy and allow the one holding it to absorb their enemy’s power.
- It is a common belief that an arrowhead will help the wearer accept their intrinsic sense of adventure, which is a quality that remains hidden or buried in many people.
- This arrowhead made of Obsidian is especially beneficial to those who practice Feng Shui at their house. All you need is to place it under the doormat at your front door to repel unpleasant energy and assist in clearing the hindrances in your life path of success.
Obsidian Arrowhead was and still is a very famous talisman and increasingly popular among people for its metaphysical capabilities. You can also wear one as it might benefit you and at the same time doesn’t have any side effects.